- Be a member of an MLS using flexmls Web;
- Be authorized by your MLS for IDX;
- Be a subscriber of flexmls IDX 2.0; and
- Purchase a digital plugin key from FBS.
- PHP version 5.6 or better - Ask your web host what version is being used for your site.
- Every version below that is no longer supported – php.net/eol.php.
PHP 7 is recommened – https://kaleidico.com/wordpress-performance-boost-with-php-7/
- TLS 1.2 or better
As of July 2018 FBS discontinued support of the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 protocols, and clients will no longer be able to connect to the Spark API (where the plugin gets the listing data) or other services using those older TLS protocols. All requests involving the Spark API/IDX plugin should be using TLS 1.2. This is in accordance with a general industry-wide change for these protocols. Check with your web host to be certain they’re using TLS 1.2 or better.
Also see the WordPress Requirements:
We do not recommend shared hosting and GoDaddy
- “Why You Should NOT Use GoDaddy Managed WordPress Hosting”
- "Shared Hosting: The Real Truth & Why It’s Not The Right Choice for Your Business"
Hosts we recommend:
Speeding Up Your WordPress Site
- Optimize The Database (BE CAREFUL – Make sure you back up your site first)
- Use PHP 7 (It is about three times FASTER than version 5)
- Use a dedicated hosting package (not shared hosting)
- Add HTTPS/SSL Certificate
- Linux Hosting (Linux beats Windows by being 20% faster)
WordPress Theme Recommendations
If you are in the early stages of building your WordPress site and you are shopping around for a theme, we recommend checking out the free themes available before committing to purchasing one.
We also recommend that you select a theme that provides a Full-Width Template. This way you can give our plugin and other content plenty of space to display.
You can also search for themes in WordPress under Appearance > Themes > Add New