There are two ways to add an image to a custom page or blog post.
1. Copy and Paste and Image from the web
NOTE: If you are copying an image from a 3rd party site, please ensure that you have permission from the owner of the image/site.
- Right Click on the image of choice.
- Copy the image
- MAC: Select “Copy Image”
- PC: Select “Copy Image”
- Navigate to your custom page in your Spring Site Manager
- In the place on your page where you would like to add the image, click until you see the cursor.
- Paste the image into the page:
- MAC: use the “Command” + “v” keys simultaneously
- PC: use the “Ctrl” + “v” keys simultaneously
or click Edit>Paste
2. Add Your Image to the Media Library
We recommend you use this method if you plan to use this image in multiple locations on your site.
In order to use this process you must have the image already saved to your local drive on your computer.
All images must be a JPG, GIF, or PNG file type and less than 10MB
- In your Site Manager, under the “Manage” section click on “Media”
- At the top click the button “Choose File”.
- A pop up will open to allow you to browse your computer to find the image file.
- Select the image and click “Open”
- You should now see your image preview in the list of media files on that page
- Next to the image, you will see a string of characters that looks a little like a long web address; this is the URL of your image.
- Next to that image URL will be a clipboard image. Click on the clipboard image to copy that URL address.
- Now go to the page or post you wish to edit and in the place on your page where you would like to add the image, click until you see the cursor.
- In the menu above the editor, click Insert and then choose “Image”.
- In the pop-up screen, paste the URL you just copied
- MAC: Command + v
- PC: Ctrl + v into the Source field.
- The other fields in this window are optional.
- Click Save. You should now see the image appear within your page or post.